04 Jun 2019
Telemedicine enables medical professionals to assess, diagnose as well as treat a patient’s condition, irrespective of their location or distance, by relying on advanced telecommunication technologies. In other words, it helps doctors and other healthcare service providers to offer prompt and efficient healthcare services by getting rid of the barriers such as distance, transportation, lack of availability of healthcare providers etc. Continue reading to discover more about the benefits of telemedicine for patients as well as healthcare clinics.
Benefits of Telemedicine
Patients who are concerned about their health complications, but cannot travel or meet a doctor in person either due to their physical health condition, rural and geographical locations or other personal reasons can take advantage of telemedicine to acquire the best medical advice, care and treatment.
Telemedicine also offers:
Improved quality of healthcare services & delivery.
- Reduced hospital admissions for patients.
- Fewer instances of hospital re-admission.
- No time or money spent on travelling.
- Spending more time at work.
- Lesser interferences with elder or child care responsibilities.
- No contact or exposure to other contagious or unhealthy patients.
- Improved patient satisfaction and engagement.
- Enjoy privacy and flexible healthcare services.
Telemedicine Healthcare Clinics
Telemedicine also provides a host of benefits to healthcare providers. Whether you run a hospital, clinic or any other healthcare services providing unit, you can consider setting up a telemedicine healthcare clinic to provide better healthcare services to patients from all walks of life. Healthcare providers including doctors, surgeons and physicians work in stressful and challenging times, which often leave them tired and exhausted. With telemedicine, they can provide better care services to patients and enjoy improved job satisfaction.
Telemedicine healthcare clinics offer:
- Increased revenue since doctors can attend to more number of patients in less time.
- Improved health results as patients get appropriate advice regarding their health condition, medications and ways to improve their lifestyle.
- Telemedicine allows healthcare practices to offer appointments during weekends and even after office hours.
- With telemedicine services, clinics don’t have to worry about outscoring their competitors since they can provide healthcare services/advice at anytime, anywhere.
- Enables doctors and healthcare providers to balance their work and life as telemedicine reduces the need for travelling.
- Takes the pressure away from medical staff by minimizing patients visit at the clinic, thus reducing their administrative tasks.
MediBrandOx is the leading provider of telemedicine healthcare applications and telemedicine healthcare software solutions for healthcare startups, clinics, hospitals and doctors. The company offers best in class telemedicine solutions to help medical practitioners and healthcare businesses provide better care and diagnosis to their patients in remote locations.